REGISTRATION for 2020-2021 program is now OPEN.
Program runs October 2020- early April 2021.
***Due to COVID-19, we are in the process of adapting our regular program to plan for potential remote learning or blended learning options for our 2020-2021 program.***
Social Justice Educator Certificate Program
- community educators and formal educators
- Trent B.Ed Teacher Candidates (Alternative Settings Placement)
- Trent Teacher Education Stream students
- all others interested in Social Justice Education
TEACH Outside the Box is a unique opportunity for teacher candidates and community educators to participate in a series of interactive workshops and an optional community placement. At TEACH Outside the Box you will be part of a collaborative network of educators, learning alongside your peers and from community partners as you build your own social justice education toolbox!
Highlights of TEACH Outside the Box:
- Exploring critical education theories from various perspectives (global, Indigenous, anti-oppression, popular education, the arts)
- Engaging with different ways to teach (in and outside of the classroom)
- Puts theory into practice with an optional community-based alternative placement.
Please refer to the Program Syllabus Page for an overview of last year’s program.
E-mail email@example.com for more details or to answer any questions!