Program FULL for 2020-2021 (Registration CLOSED).
Consider applying for the 2021-2022 Program in Spring 2021.
TEACH Outside the Box Social Justice Certificate Program and Alternative Placement
- community educators and formal educators
- Trent B.Ed Teacher Candidates (Alternative Settings Placement)
- Trent Teacher Education Stream students
- all others interested in Social Justice Education
TEACH Outside the Box is a unique opportunity for teacher candidates and community educators to participate in a series of interactive workshops and an optional community placement. At TEACH Outside the Box you will be part of a collaborative network of educators, learning alongside your peers and from community partners as you build your own social justice education toolbox!
Highlights of TEACH Outside the Box:
- Exploring critical education theories from various perspectives (global, Indigenous, anti-oppression, popular education, the arts)
- Engaging with different ways to teach (in and outside of the classroom)
- Puts theory into practice with an optional community-based alternative placement.
Please refer to the Program Syllabus Page for an overview of last year’s program.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to answer any questions!