Applications for the 2021-2022 program is now OPEN!
The program runs from October 2021-March 2022 and registration closes in late September (or when program is full). Space is limited.
Click HERE to register!
TEACH Outside the Box Social Justice Certificate Program and Alternative Placement
- community educators and formal educators
- Trent B.Ed Teacher Candidates (Alternative Settings Placement)
- Trent Teacher Education Stream students
- all others interested in Social Justice Education
TEACH Outside the Box is a unique opportunity for teacher candidates and community educators to participate in a series of interactive workshops and an optional community placement. At TEACH Outside the Box you will be part of a collaborative network of educators, learning alongside your peers and from community partners as you build your own social justice education toolbox!
Highlights of TEACH Outside the Box:
- Exploring critical education theories from various perspectives (global, Indigenous, anti-oppression, popular education, the arts)
- Engaging with different ways to teach (in and outside of the classroom)
- Puts theory into practice with an optional community-based alternative placement.
Workshop Dates and Topics
Orientation (Zoom): Wednesday, October 6th from 7:00pm-8:30pm
Workshop #1: Education for Change: The Theory and Practice of Social Justice Education
(Sat., Oct. 16) Location: Zoom, 10am-3pm (1.5hr lunch)
Workshop #2: Indigenous Ways of Teaching and Learning
(Sat., Nov. 6, 2021) Location: (outdoors) 10am-2:30pm
Workshop #3: Anti-Racism in the Classroom: Building Resilience through Uncomfortable Conversations (Sat., Jan. 15th, 2022) (Zoom)
Workshop #4: Queer Intersectionality in the Classroom
(Sat., Feb. 12, 2022) – Zoom, 10am- 3:30pm (1.5 hour lunch break)
Workshop #5: The TEACH-IN, Sat., March 26, 2022), 10am- 3:30pm (1.5 hour lunch break)
Upcoming 2021-2011 program syllabus is still under construction, but please refer to the Program Syllabus Page for an overview of last year’s program.
E-mail email@example.com for more details or to answer any questions!