2021-2022 program is now FULL and registration is CLOSED! Applicants who applied and have not heard back yet will be notified if they received a spot soon!
Check back in the early summer of 2022 to register for next year’s program!
TEACH Outside the Box Social Justice Certificate Program and Alternative Placement
- community educators and formal educators
- Trent B.Ed Teacher Candidates (Alternative Settings Placement)
- Trent Teacher Education Stream students
- all others interested in Social Justice Education
TEACH Outside the Box is a unique opportunity for teacher candidates and community educators to participate in a series of interactive workshops and an optional community placement. At TEACH Outside the Box you will be part of a collaborative network of educators, learning alongside your peers and from community partners as you build your own social justice education toolbox!
Highlights of TEACH Outside the Box:
- Exploring critical education theories from various perspectives (global, Indigenous, anti-oppression, popular education, the arts)
- Engaging with different ways to teach (in and outside of the classroom)
- Puts theory into practice with an optional community-based alternative placement.
Workshop Dates and Topics
Orientation (Zoom): Wednesday, October 6th from 7:00pm-8:30pm
Workshop #1: Education for Change: The Theory and Practice of Social Justice Education
(Sat., Oct. 16) Location: Zoom, 10am-3pm (1.5hr lunch)
Workshop #2: Indigenous Ways of Teaching and Learning
(Sat., Nov. 6, 2021) Location: (outdoors) 10am-2:30pm
Workshop #3: Anti-Racism in the Classroom: Building Resilience through Uncomfortable Conversations (Sat., Jan. 15th, 2022) (Zoom)
Workshop #4: Queer Intersectionality in the Classroom
(Sat., Feb. 12, 2022) – Zoom, 10am- 3:30pm (1.5 hour lunch break)
Workshop #5: The TEACH-IN, Sat., March 26, 2022), 10am- 3:30pm (1.5 hour lunch break)
Upcoming 2021-2022 program syllabus is still under construction, but please refer to the Program Syllabus Page for an overview of last year’s program.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to answer any questions!